Whether you’re rounding your year off with some winter sun, or you’re organizing your Summer 19 family getaway, we here at NetVoucherCodes want to extend our helping hand when it comes holiday planning. Our goal is to ensure you visit the best destinations which are best suited to your family and equip you along the way with useful tips for when it comes to travelling with children. If you’re new to taking the kids away, we’ve compiled a useful list of our 10 top tips for travelling abroad with children so you can stay sane whilst having fun at the same time – it’s possible!
We’re also extremely keen on helping you save money where you can as we know all too well that family holidays are hardly inexpensive. Our team of researchers partner with one of the UK’s top online Holiday Retailers – Sunshine.co.uk and we proudly feature a wide selection of money-saving Deals and Sunshine.co.uk Voucher Codes which can help you grab money off when you book online.
From great value all-inclusive hotels with family-focused facilities, brilliant beachsides and friendly attractions for all ages, we want you to enjoy your time away together for less.
Top 5 Sunshine.co.uk Family Destinations
It’s no surprise that Tenerife is a firm favourite with families as it’s small island is jam packed with tourist attractions which draw families back each and every year. Not to mention the all year round hot climates which are ideal for keeping your tan topped up and escaping the great british winter during the School Holidays. Home to Europe’s Largest water park – Siam Park along with an abundance of other world renowned attractions including Loro Parque and Jardin Botanico, Tenerife provides a little bit of everything.
The Island also boasts a huge selection of All-Inclusive Hotels across its expansive array of resorts, with the cosmopolitan and lively Playa De Las Americas being the favourite amongst modern families. Many family hotels offer inclusive Siam Park unlimited passes, on-site evening entertainment, on site Splash Parks, Kids Clubs, access to local restaurants, daytime activities, play parks and large pools and so much more – the fun never stops for kids and teenagers in Tenerife.
From budget friendly deals to luxurious resorts, Tenerife has it all and something to suit every family and all age groups! With other hugely popular resorts close by including the likes of Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria and Lanzarote, The Canary Islands are a hot spot for families so don’t hesitate to check out our Sunshine.co.uk deals page and find deals for both Tenerife and the canaries with tempting prices on flights, All-Inclusive Hotels and more.
Another European destination and popular choice for family holidays is Menorca – part of the Balearic Islands. Menorca is the most laid-back and traditional of the Major Balearic Islands compared to it’s lively neighbors Majorca and Ibiza. Menorca offers a superb selection of Family-friendly hotels and amenities and avoids the hustle, bustle and noisy nightlife of its surrounding resorts. Boasting 2 cities and miles of stunning coastlines, there is plenty for families to enjoy on this stunning island including the Lloc de Menorca Zoo, Los Delfines Aqua Center water park, Jeep Safari, Kayaking & watersports and so much more – including fun for all the family in one of Menorca’s popular All-inclusive family hotels.
With climates souring to a scorching 29 Degrees in the summer months and to a milder 18 in the Autumn, you can guarantee sunnier climes throughout the season! There are so many activities to enjoy in Menorca including historical sites and monuments -something the older kids and adults will love! The island really does have something for everyone and proves to be a very popular holiday resort for families.
Greece is split into many smaller regions which boast their very own unique atmosphere. With over 400 beaches and some of the world’s most stunning coastlines, the islands of Greece attract families of all kinds to their islands each and every year and is one of Europe’s most popular tourist destinations. Kos, Crete and Corfu are amongst some of the most popular Greek Islands for families with children as they’re budget friendly and packed with activities and an abundance of bars, restaurants, hotels and apartments all family-focused. Offering a plethora of excursions to some of Greece’ most stunning hideaways, a wide range of watersports and water parks including Aqualand, it’s no surprise that these resorts are a firm favourite with families.
There is also lots of culture and history to discover in Greece and Crete offers popular architecture a favourite with the kids including the Dikteon Cave. with miles of coastline, white beach and deep blue sea water, each and everyone of the Greek Islands are as equally stunning as they are fun-filled.
Find plenty of both All-Inclusive Family hotels along side Villas and Apartments for large families on the Greek Island specifically in Corfu and Kos. Enjoy a superb selection of deals available at Sunshine.co.uk featured on our page and save money when booking your next Greek adventure online.
It’s no secret that Florida is a child’s dream vacation and perhaps for some adults too! With Sunshine.co.uk, your dream vacation could be clicks away! Of course, the magical World of Disney Resort epitomises what we know as Florida along with abundance of tourists attraction for kids and thrill-seeking families like Universal Studios, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and so many more – the list is endless! But what we do know is that it’s none-stop fun for kids.
Want to escape the tourists? Florida is also filled with beaches, quaint small towns and cosmopolitan cities. If you want to split your time between Orlando and the beach, combine your trip with time spent on the gulf coast. Kick back and enjoy fun in the sun in Clearwater, Naples or Cape Coral.
If you and your family prefer to experience some culture, The capital of Florida State is Tallahassee and the largest city is Jacksonville. The American alligator, Florida panther and the manatee, can be found in the Everglades which is one of the most famous national parks in the world and are symbolic animals to Florida.
With so much to see and do, Florida is without a doubt one of the most sought after destinations for families all over the world! We here at NetVoucherCodes understand that it can be costly which is we we partner with Sunshine.co.uk to source you some great deals and Voucher Codes which can help you save money off when you book online. See what we can do for you today and your adventure of a lifetime could just be clicks away.
Cyprus is home to a plethora of family friendly resorts including the lively resort of Paphos, Protaras, Coral Bay and Pissouri – all filled with beaches, bars, restaurants and entertainment promising fun in the sun for families through the season. There is so much to see and do for kids and families across cyprus including the Aphrodite Waterpark in Paphos, Play Planet in Limassol, dinosaur Park in Ayia Napa, Looney Land in Paphos and so many more – wherever you choose to stay in Cyprus, you can guarantee family-friendly activities, hotels, bars & restaurants.
However, there is far more to cyprus than it’s expansive selection of tourists attractions. Cyprus is filled with beautiful countryside, archaeological sites, quaint villages and cities bursting with Turkish charm. Limassol and Paphos are great regions for water sports whereas Ayia Napa is very sandy and crowded during summer months.
Whether fun-filled activities are your thing or you prefer to kick back with your family and soak up the culture and history – Cyprus offers a great combination which makes for the perfect family holiday!
Top 10 Tips for Travelling with Children
- Plan Your Flights – Evening flights are great for families, although slightly more expensive, a sleeping child is a blessing for everybody. Plan how you can spend your time on flight, playing cards, watching films or just chatting – there is nothing worse than a bored child mid-air so be sure to plan ahead.
- Pack Wisely – Be sure to pack what you need, but don’t overdo it. A Nappy Bag is great for using as Hand Luggage so pack it with everything you made need whilst in the air (be prepared for delays too). Suckable sweets, a change of clothes, plastic bags, baby wipes, headphones, toys and pillows should all be essentials.
- Research Your Destination – Do you know where you’re going and what to expect? If son, you may want to look this up. For example, in some countries, breastfeeding outdoors isn’t acceptable whereas in others it is! If you have any questions, Google them before heading away and plan accordingly. Does your baby need a visa? Jabs? There is so much to think about when travelling abroad so research is key!
- Do a practice run – This may seem over the top, however a busy airport can be unsettling for a young child and packing can be stressful for adults. Try packing your bags and taking a trip to the airport to get a feel for travelling before the real thing.
- Plan Ahead – Your going to want to keep your child entertained when you’re away so plan how you want to spend your time before you leave. Any trips you want to go on or restaurants you want to visit? Research these online and designate days and times for doing them – this can make things a lot easier once you arrive!
- Leave Plenty of Time – Although you want to spend as least time queing as possible, it’s important not to rush! Leave home with hours to spare. If you arrive early, make use of the play areas and tire your kids out before boarding your flight.
- Explain the journey – Talk to your kids about the journey! Tell them about the airport, what it’s going to be like and put some rules in place for your flight – especially if your child is new to flying.
- What could go wrong? – God Forbid it happening to you, but sometimes, things do go wrong! Explore your possibilities of something bad happening. Before you leave, write down everything that could go wrong like meltdowns in the airport or missing your flight entirely. Running through these situations can leave you mentally prepared just in case.
- Check in Online – Checking in online is the easiest and quickest way to minimise your time spend queuing up. All you will have to do then is drop your bags and endure security!
- Have Fun! – Easily the most important tip of them all, Have fun and have the most amazing holiday! Leave plenty of time, pack well, plan ahead and make the travelling part of the whole experience.